Upcoming Writing Workshops


(publish date = last time it was updated)

Writing workshops are perhaps one of the funnest activities a writer can partake in, especially considering that outside of collaborations and editing, the majority of writing is done by one person. Yourself. Usually at a cluttered desk or when your half asleep, so you wouldn't want anyone to see you anyway. But I promise all you people who are hovering over the back button-- it's worth it. So, you got this and you're welcome :)

3/2/21 UPDATE: I will no longer be trying to update this page with individual workshops because the contest page already has my head spinning. Rather, I'll leave the links to all the places where I typically find these workshops. Thank you for your understanding!

  • writing workshop (moderated by adults) once a month for YWP members (ages 13-18)
  • Oh Snap! Open Mic once a month (moderated by teens) for YWP members (ages 13-18)

  • always has a ton of free events & workshops for all ages (although there are sometimes teen workshops I've seen around)
  • every month there are 1-2 on a specific type/part of poetry and writing 

  • for all ages & intermediate level story writers 

  • First Saturday (10:00-11:30 PST) of every month for any student ages (13-18)
  • typically for teens in Oregon or Canada, but opened up to visitors bc of virtual format 
  • email for zoom link

NOTE: Like the writing contests and communities, I try my best to vet these workshops before I place them on this page, but ultimately I cannot make any guarantees about the safety of these workshops, nor the quality of their content. Please use your own discretion, and if at any point you feel unsafe (beyond nerves) in one of these workshops, I would recommend either messaging the moderator or leaving. (Also, please let me know via comment below so I can take it down or put a warning) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Genres