June Prompts (for all genres!)

 


END OF SCHOOL! *is outwardly excited because SUMMER but inside is somewhat bittersweet*

I realized I haven't posted any new prompts in a while, and with the dawn of summer, it's time to cannonball into that pool of FREE TIME. (which will probably be busier than I'm imagining but let me dream). These prompts are a mash between cool ones I've extracted from the internet and unused ideas I have gathering dust in my notebook. Hopefully they'll inspire you to write something *cool*. 

1. Take a look at angel numbers, and use them in a piece.

2. Define a place with a single object. Ex: New York is fireflies.

3. Use the phrase "a breath of babies", which refers to babies breath (word play ;)

4. "I wish this (whatever genre) had a point. But I didn't want to make it seem like I wouldn't be blunt about this."

5. "the clouds in the shower turned black"

6. Describe what a common text speak abbreviation actually means. (ex: ily, LOL, haha, dw, :), ah, huh, oh, ohhhh, ".", etc). When you say "ily", does that mean you would hug the person while smiling until you cried, does it mean thank you? Does LOL mean that you laughed aloud, internally, or that your text looked to stiff without it?

7. "jellybean girls"

8. Write about the finding out your parents aren't perfect.

9. "Rose petals are eyelids"

10. "There are sunken ships beneath my skin"

11. Describe summer as winter. 

12. Describe dehydration.

13. Write a piece about/that includes pressed flowers.

14. Write seven lines/sentences in a week, at the same time each day. On the first day, you'll write a line. On the second day, you'll write another line inspired by the first. On the third day, write a line inspired only by the second line. The fourth day, inspired by only the third line, and so on.

15. Capture emotions in fruits.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Genres